Formula 1 Quotes

23:28:00

Here are a few of the less well know Formula 1 quotes,


Sebastian Vettel

"Never lift. Never stop believing"

On the radio, while crossing the finish line in Abu Dhabi in P3 after starting from the pit lane.


"We keep on working, we do our thing, we are who we are"

On the radio, after winning the world title. Also, and indirect response to Hamilton's comment that Red Bull are 'just a drinks company'.

"Like on normal roads, you have some idiots driving around. It seems there is also one driving here."
Sebastian Vettel after a collision with Narain Karthikeyan denied him the chance to finish fourth at the Malaysian GP.






Nelson Piquet

"Driving in Monte Carlo is like riding a bike in your house."

On Monte Carlo


"I don't give a shit for fame, I don't give a shit for society. I don't want to make friends with anybody who's important. I just want to win."

On his mindset toward Formula 1


Kyle Petty

"Why did I take up racing? I was too lazy to work and too chicken to steal."

Mario Andretti


"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."


"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. "

Juan Pablo Montoya

"F***ing f***ing Raikkonen, whatta f***ing idiot."
On Kimi during Spa 2002 qualifying



"It's just...you know...basically shit happens." 
Classic Montoya


And now for the most quote-able driver in Formula 1 history, who equals Ayrton Senna for speed and his words,

Kimi Raikkonen

"Not much really."

On winning the Abu Dhabi grand prix in his comeback year in F1

"He’s strange now and then. He always wants to know everything. He doesn’t interest me."

Opinion of Ron Dennis


"It’s the 5th grid place."
opinion of 5th grid place

"The circuit broke totally. Every year same thing happens. They promise to fix it. They probably should hire the guys from Lemminkäinen (Finnish asphalt company) to fix it."

Kimi Raikkonen Q&A




The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?

"It protects my head."


Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have?

"I wipe it so that I can see better."





Martin Brundle: “Kimi Raikkonen doesn’t seem interested in the proceedings going on up there. Kimi, you missed the presentation by Pele.”
Kimi (nonchalantly): “Yeah.”
Martin: ”Will you get over it?”
Kimi: “Yeah. I was having a shit.”
Martin: “OK, thanks for that! Obviously you’ll have a nice light car on the grid, then.”


Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think so it's the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.



During an interview with a journalist in Fiorano, Luca DI Montezemolo gives a surprise visit and his aide calls Kimi to meet him

Kimi see aide, and says: "Hey f*** off!"
Aide "something in italian"
Kimi: "Yeah but I'm doing this, so I dont care."
(pushes aide away) "F*** off now I come when I finish this. Tell him I come whenever I finish. GO!"
Aide gesticulates 
"F***ing idiot. Eh? F*** off"
Journalist(watching this all unfold): "Priceless"




Japan 2012, post qualifying(Q3) interview

Sky
: "Kimi what happened?"
Kimi: "I spun."
Sky: "What a disaster then for you, and few others with the yellow flags"
Kimi: "I don't care what happened to the others"


You Might Also Like

0 comments

what do you think?